The Government of Ontario has recognized the urgent need for additional personnel in the healthcare sector due to the COVID-19 pandemic, by way of qualified & trained Personal Support Workers. Ontario has set up the PSW Challenge Fund which will provide $86 million to train up to 8,000 personal support workers (PSWs) at accredited schools across the province. Learn how you can become a PSW for free at KLC College!
1. Why Become a Personal Support Worker?
Not only are they in-demand during the pandemic, but PSWs are trained in a field that is always in need of new hires. The types of employers includes hospitals, care homes, and more – ensuring that this field of study is a lucrative one.
2. What Does the Government Pay For?
The Ontario government is covering the entirety of your tuition as a bursary, not a loan, meaning you do not have to pay back your fees. Covered in this cost includes:
- Up to $7,500 for tuition, books and other relevant mandatory fees
- Up to $5,735 to cover costs for your clinical work placement
3. What Do I Do Next?
This funding is only available for students applying to a PSW program that starts between May 1 and July 31, 2021 – so we encourage you take any of the following steps:
- Contact our PSW program rep Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and have any questions answered – click here
- Apply to join KLC’s July 2021 PSW class at our Kingston, Toronto or Whitby campus – click here
- Fill out the form below to have our KLC Admissions team schedule a callback within 24 hours.